Creating a panel variant
Panel variants are used to give different sections of your site specific content such as a unique menu or calendar. To successfully use this walkthrough, you will have wanted to create a menu for the new variant page and an accordion menu based on it.
- Navigate to Structure -> Panels.
- Click the Edit button next to Node Template.
- Click the clone button next to the title "Panel: Interior College Page."
- Name the variant with a meaningful name. For example, if the variant is for the Accounting department name the variant as "Accounting Department."
- Click Save.
- Click on "Selection Rules" from the menu on the left of the page.
- From the selection list select String: URL Path
- Click the Add button
- In the Paths field enter your department URL and then the same thing with a /* appended to the end.
- For example, with accounting it would look like accounting and accounting/*
- Next, click the menu item "Content" on the left hand side menu.
- Remove the existing Second Level Menu from the left column.
- Click the gear icon to the right of the pane title
- Scroll to the bottom and click remove
- Add in the deparment specific menu.
- Click the gear icon to the left of the word Left and choose Add Content.
- Click the word Miscellaneous and choose the accordion menu you have created.
- Leave the Override Title input blank and click the finish button.
- Click the gear to the right of the pane you have just added and click "Change" beneath the word Style.
- Choose "System Block"
- Click Next
- Click Update and Save
- Click Reorder Variants in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Drag your new variant above the Interior College Page variant or it will never be used.
- Click Update and Save.