Are you anxious to get started with all Drupal has to offer and base your work off of the Western supported Drupal modules? Do you want your site pre-configured with sensible defaults? Use the following procedure to get started with our college sites install profile.
- Ensure you have the requirements listed below in the requirements section installed and cofigured.
- git clone the College Sites install profile. We often install this inside of our www or htdocs directory.
$git clone email@example.com:wwuweb/collegesites.git
- Then tell drush to build a site based on that profile. Once you execute the command it may take a few minutes to build.
$drush make pathToCollegeSitesDirectory/collegesites.make sitename
$drush make collegesites/collegesites.make training
- Copy the collegesites directory into your new sites profile directory.
- Navigate to your new site in a browser. For the example above on MAMP you would go to http://localhost:8888/training.
- Choose to use the College Sites install profile instead of the Standard or Minimal profile.
- Install Drupal as normal.
- If you are going to import a database either use the Back up and Migrate module that is available via the install profile or import directly into your LAMP stack.
All code should be entered on a single line. The formatting of this website forces it to wrap onto more than one line.