New Western Template
We have updated the Western Template to closely match the style of the Western homepage. The Template is provided to make it easy for users to create websites that meet or exceed Federally required standards as well as provide consistent branding across the university. This WebTech site uses the new Template.
WebTech believes that as departmental webmasters your obligation is to provide accurate content rather than perform custom design from scratch. This template should allow you to concentrate on your content while getting the benefits of being a visually seemless part of Western's web.
Four Layouts for any page of your site
Four Template Layouts
See the diagram at right of the four possible layouts that can be selected for any page in your site.
- full-content: 700 px wide content area - too wide for heavy text, but excellent for large images or charts, or text interspersed with images
- sidebar: a main content area of 460px and a sidebar of 220 px
- two-column: two equal columns of 340px
- three-column: three equal columns of 220px
Who Can Use the Template?
Our template is available to any department, club, or individual at Western and provides the following capabilities:
- CSS-driven to be compatible with latest standards
- Automated "page updated" field shows last date updated
- Include files provide site-wide header, footer, and navigation - change it one place and the whole site is updated.
- Works easily with Google Analytics for full site visit statistics
- Included gallery and /or slideshow for photo albums - very easy to use and update
- Accommodates expanding submenus (accordion)
- Provides optional rounded corners and inset boxes
- Search box for your local site if required
- optional - set up by requesting from firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have questions or wish to use the template, please contact WebTech via e-mail at email@example.com.
Doing a personal site and want to try this yourself?
If you already have a space to put a website, such as your u drive or some other personal site, you can try this by yourself (or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for help). For departmental sites we recommend you let us set up your initial site on CampusWeb .