Winter 2019 Classes end March 18th - 22nd
Spring 2019 Classes start Tuesday April 2nd
- BADMINTON on Thursdays @ the SRC Court C is FREE with Rec Center membership!
- FRIDAY SPIN with our NEW instructor, Jeanine! What better way to end your week with Jeanine's fun, energetic class that will make you sweat and put smile on your face going into the weekend!
- MONDAY SPIN with Richelle- Start your week off with Richelle's outdoor cycling simulated workout with climbs, steady-state intervals, and more! Spin... the perfect bookends to your week!
- MEDITATION is back on Mondays with Ronna! Take some time for self-care to enhance wellbeing!
Class Day & Instructor Changes:
- Group Sing: The TREBLE MAKERS is on for Spring term with your NEW and EXPERIENCED instructor FLIP BRESKIN on Wednesdays in Bond Hall 105
- Pilates with Tatyana is now on MONDAYS in Carver Gym D
- BodyWorks with Ron is now on WEDNESDAYS at the REC
- Gina is back to teach most of Friday POWER FLOW YOGA this term! Melanie will run the first two classes and Gina will take over from there.
Check it out:
- See our Programs Page for all available offerings & packages: Click on a class you are interested in, and read the details carefully!
- Like us on Facebook! You'll find announcements, information, and nutrition & wellness tips!
- Don't forget to utilize the FREE Nutrition and Wellness Consultations with Darcie Hill, Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN).
- To schedule a consultation with Darcie: call (x3386) or E-Mail
SPRING 2019 class schedule: Tuesday 4/2/19 - Friday 6/14/19
- All classes run during the Noon-1pm hour
NOTE: Badminton (Th) and Noon-Ball (M, W, F) are Wellness program offerings
FREE with Rec Center Membership
- WINTER 2019 class schedule: Tuesday 1/8/19 - Friday 3/22/19
- ALL classes run during the Noon hour: 12:05-12:50pm
Program Mission & Vision:
Our mission is to create a supportive environment that encourages a healthy lifestyle encompassing all dimensions of wellness. We are committed to educating, facilitating, and supporting decisions and actions of wellness by Western employees.
We specialize in making it a priority to get employees moving during their lunch breaks! We have an extensive lunchtime program dedicated to having “something for everyone” to get you away from your desk!
Check out our Factulty & Staff Wellness Program video to see the program in action!
Are you just starting to exercise, but need help on what to do next? Do you have nutrition related questions or concerns? Need help striking that work life balance? Sign up for our free Confidential Nutrition & Wellness Consultation!
Do you have a great idea for the Faculty & Staff Wellness Program? We want it!
- Share your ideas at: email@example.com
Additional WWU Employee Resources:
- Check out the new Western Wise & Well U page: https://wp.wwu.edu/wiseandwellu/
- First Step Program: Do you feel like all of the programs offered are too advanced? If you have been looking for a way to ease into exercise with an individualized and controlled environment, then you may be a perfect fit for First Step! This program provides five FREE meetings with a Certified Personal Trainer who will help you meet individualized movement goals and overcome barriers to starting and continuing a movement program. First Step takes a weight neutral approach to exercise, the focus is on healthy and sustainable movement.
- There is a new Stay at Work/Return to Work web page that is dedicated to providing resources for those employees needing help to stay at work, or make the transition back to work when injury or illness disrupts their lives. The FSWP is proud to be partnering with this program.
- Improve your productivity & health: Take a 5-minute break and try out some "Deskercises"
- Check out and contribute to these pages: Western Employees in Action & Testimonials
- Free Nutrition Seminar Series with Registered Dietitian Sarah Richey: Watch it online now!
Faculty & Staff Wellness Program Awards & Honors:
- The Faculty & Staff Wellness Program is proud to be the WINNER of the Zo8 Award from Washington Wellness.
- The Faculty & Staff Wellness Program is proud to be the WINNER of Seattle Business Magazine's Leaders in Health Care Award for Achievement in Wellness Programs:
- Western has been designated as a Platinum Fit-Friendly Worksite by the American Heart Association for the 6th year in a row!
- The Faculty & Staff Wellness Program has also received the
Washington State Golden Apple Award & Washington Worksite Wellness Designation!
Active Minds Changing Lives