2015-2017 CAPITAL PLANNING
NEW! 2015-25 CAPITAL PLAN & 2015-17 CAPITAL BUDGET REQUEST
NEW! 2015-17 CAPITAL PROPOSALS
- Science Building Renovation and Addition
- IT Network Update
- Campus Wireless Upgrade
- 2015-17 Classroom & Lab Upgrades
2015-17 CAPITAL BUDGET REQUEST AND 2015-25 10 YEAR CAPITAL PLAN
The 2015-17 Capital Budget Request and 2015-2025 10-Year Capital Plan have been approved by the Board of Trustees at their June 2014 Board meeting.
- BOT approved 2015-2025 10-Year Capital Plan and 2015-17 Capital Budget Request
- 2015-25 10-Year Plan and 2015-17 Capital Budget Request Overview
- Minor Works Preservation List (to be included in the 2015-17 Capital Budget Request)
- Minor Works Programmatic List (to be included in the 2015-17 Capital Budget Request)
The Capital planning staff will compile the supporting documents for the Capital request and proposals during summer 2014. Detailed proposals for the Intermediate and Major projects being requested in 2015-17 are due to the Office of Financial Management for scoring in August. The entire 2015-17 Capital Budget Request and 2015-2025 10-Year Capital Plan is due to the Office of Financial Management in early September 2014. The Governor’s proposed Capital budget should be released in December 2014. The legislature will commence in January 2015 and we should have a final compromise Capital budget for the 2015-17 biennium by April or May 2015.
2015-2017 CAPITAL PLANNING PROCESS
Western faculty, staff and administrators engaged in a year-long process to develop the 2015-2017 Capital Budget Request and to update the 2015-2025 10-Year Capital Plan. The Capital Plan includes major (over $5 million) and intermediate-sized ($2 million to $5 million) and minor works ($25,000 to $2 million) preservation and programmatic projects.
- Process Timeline rev. 02/03/14 (print on 11x17 paper)
- 2015-2025 Capital Plan Development Working Group Charter (Updated 03/25/14)
- Operating and Capital Planning Budget Activities Calendar (up-to-date schedule)
The Vice Presidents and the Capital Development Working Group reviewed potential major and intermediate sized projects and received helpful feedback from the UPRC, the Board of Trustees and the campus community.
The UPRC February and April meetings were audiocast and can be heard here:
The 2015-17 Minor Works Requests were developed using a campus-wide process and over 200 minor works requests were submitted by individuals. Requests were forwarded to the individual's supervisor, chair, or director, then to Planning Unit Leaders followed by their vice-presidents. The process started in October 2013 and by January 2014 the Vice President's prioritized these requests and submitted them to FDCB for inclusion in the Capital Budget Request. Information about these requests was presented to the UPRC and the campus community. Requests were written to support the University's Strategic Goals and college/divisional Six-Year Plans.
For questions on the Capital Budget Process, please contact: