2015-2017 CAPITAL PLANNING
2015-2017 CAPITAL PLANNING PROCESS
Western faculty, staff and administrators engaged in a year-long process to develop the 2015-2017 Capital Budget Request and to update the 2015-2025 10-Year Capital Plan. The Capital Plan includes major (over $5 million) and intermediate-sized ($2 million to $5 million) and minor works ($25,000 to $2 million) preservation and programmatic projects.
- Process Timeline rev. 02/03/14 (print on 11x17 paper)
- 2015-2025 Capital Plan Development Working Group Charter (Updated 03/25/14)
- Operating and Capital Planning Budget Activities Calendar (up-to-date schedule)
The Vice Presidents and the Capital Development Working Group reviewed potential major and intermediate sized projects and received helpful feedback from the UPRC, the Board of Trustees and the campus community.
The UPRC February and April meetings were audiocast and can be heard here:
2015-17 MINOR WORKS REQUEST PROCESS
The 2015-17 Minor Works Requests were developed using a campus-wide process and over 200 minor works requests were submitted by individuals. Requests were forwarded to the individual's supervisor, chair, or director, then to Planning Unit Leaders followed by their vice-presidents. The process started in October 2013 and by January 2014 the Vice President's prioritized these requests and submitted them to FDCB for inclusion in the Capital Budget Request. Information about these requests was presented to the UPRC and the campus community. Requests were written to support the University's Strategic Goals and college/divisional Six-Year Plans.
2015-17 CAPITAL PROPOSALS
As part of the budget request process, Western Washington University and the other Higher Ed institutions submited proposals to OFM for all major and intermediate project requests for 2015-17. Western's proposals include:
- Science Building Renovation and Addition
- IT Network Update
- Campus Wireless Upgrade
- 2015-17 Classroom & Lab Upgrades
These proposals were scored by category and a single prioritized list was developed by OFM.
2015-17 CAPITAL BUDGET REQUEST HISTORY
- BOT approved 2015-2025 10-Year Capital Plan and 2015-17 Capital Budget Request
- 2015-25 10-Year Plan and 2015-17 Capital Budget Request Overview
Western Submitted to the State:
- 2015-25 Capital Plan and 2015-17 Budget Request submitted Sept 2015
- Minor Works Preservation List (included in the 2015-17 Capital Budget Request)
- Minor Works Programmatic List (included in the 2015-17 Capital Budget Request)
CAPITAL BUDGET AND THE 2015-17 LEGISLATIVE SESSION
The Governor's proposed budget was released December 2014 and the House budget was released March 27, 2015. The Senate budget was released April 8th. A conference committee was formed to come up with the final Capital budget bill.
Budget comparison information is available between Western's Capital Budget request, the Governor's proposal, the legislative proposals and the final budget which was approved June 30th, 2015.
Detailed information on the overall state Capital Budget can be found at the State's Leap Site.
For detailed information on Western's 2015-17 Capital Budget, see Capital Budget Services.
The Final 2015-17 Minor Works Preservation List approved by OFM as part of the budget allotment system is available below: