Hello to all new freshmen and welcome to Western!
Your first experience with Academic Advising will be at Advising & Orientation Programs. For more information, please visit the New Student Services/Family Outreach website.
We are glad that you have chosen to join the WWU community and are especially glad that you are checking out this website right now. Early and regular advising can be a great way to ease your transition to college, maximize your time and experience while at Western, and make plans to graduate on time!!
Take time to browse through this website. The links below are particular areas of interest for new freshmen. If at any time you have questions or want to meet with an academic advisor, give us all call to schedule an appointment or come in to talk with one of our peer advisors!
What the Academic Advising Center can help you with:
- Choosing a major and pre-major preparation
- Registration assistance and academic planning
- Evaluations for GUR and graduation requirements
- Achieving academic success
- Understanding Western's policies and procedures