Grade Point Average (GPA) Calculator Instructions
Use the calculator below to calculate your projected Western GPA based on your anticipated performance in current and future courses. This calculator takes into account Western’s course repeat policy (effective Fall 2017). If you want to incorporate transfer grades, determine you major GPA, or consider other special cases, review all available GPA resources listed at the bottom of this page.
Note: While this GPA calculator yields accurate results, it is UNOFFICIAL. The Registrar’s Office maintains all academic records and calculates official GPAs.
Find your current GPA on your Student Academic History in Web4U > Student > Student Records > Student Academic History (unofficial transcript). Enter your current Western GPA and Western GPA Hours as shown on your Academic History. Example shown below lists Western GPA: 2.03, and Western GPA Hours: 42.000.
If you would like to use the GPA Calculator to calculate a general GPA based on a specific sub-set of classes, pre-major classes, for example, leave the Current WWU GPA and GPA Hours boxes empty.
• Enter information for each class you are taking this quarter, including the number of credits, and your expected grade.
• Only include classes in which you will earn an A – F, or Z letter grade. S/U, P/NP, and W grades do not count towards your Western GPA.
• If you are repeating the course, check the Course Repeat box and enter the grade earned from your most recent attempt. Note: The GPA calculator will not return an accurate value when the repeated course taken at Western changed credit value or grading mode (A – F, S/U). Do not check the Course Repeat box if the course was originally taken at a transfer institution.
• The Quality Points column will auto-populate with the points earned for each class. These points are used to calculate your GPA.
• On the left you’ll see your projected quarterly GPA and completed GPA hours. On the right you’ll see your projected cumulative Western GPA and GPA hours.
• If you would like to calculate your projected GPA considering more than 10 classes, follow these steps: 1) Calculate your projected GPA with the first 10 classes, 2) enter this intermediate GPA into the Current WWU GPA and GPA Hours boxes at the top of the calculator, 3) add the additional classes, and 4) calculate the GPA based on the intermediate GPA and the additional coursework.
If you would like to consider an entirely new scenario, click the Reset button to clear all data entered. Otherwise, simply modify individual classes, and/or anticipated grades, and click Calculate again.
|If you want to....||Check out the following resources:|
|calculate your projected Western GPA||GPA Calculator|
|calculate your all-institution GPA considering transfer coursework||All-Institution GPA Calculator|
|look-up your current Major GPA||your Major Degree Block in Degree Works|
|calculate a general GPA based on a specific sub-set of classes (for example pre-major classes)||GPA Calculator|
|calculate your College of Business and Economics (CBE) GPA||CBE GPA Calculator|
|set future GPA Goals||Advice Calculator in Degree Works|
Please email us with feedback about this new tool. We want to know what you love about it, what is confusing or frustrating, and what you wish it could do.