Anacortes is home to Western Washington University's Shannon Point Marine Center (SPMC). SPMC supports and promotes:
- instructional and research programs in the marine sciences.
- access to facilities for visiting scientists from around the world.
- supervised, independent research for undergraduates nationwide via federally-funded programs.
- ocean literacy and STEM activities for the general public through targeted youth programs and community education initiatives.
Visit the Shannon Point Marine Center website or the Shannon Point Marine Center Facebook page.
Western has a rich assortment of educational and enrichment opportunities for all ages to engage, learn and connect. WeLearn, a curated site of Western resources, was built with that goal in mind. We invite you to discover all that Western has to offer, including upskilling and career changing options, youth programming, networking, digital resources through Western Libraries and much more!
Western is a military friendly university offering veteran tuition assistance waivers, credit for military training, and priority registration. Learn more about these services provided through Western’s Veteran Services office.
Shannon Point Marine Center - Directions
Western Washington University
1900 Shannon Point Road
Anacortes, WA 98221
(360) 293-2188 | (360) 650-7400