Voyager Fuel Card
The Fuel Card is a University issued VISA fuel card. The fuel card is to be used for purchases when using Western Vehicles or rented vehicles for Western Business. Fuel cards may not be used to fuel personal cars even when conducting university business. Employees may request reimbursement for mileage if using personal vehicles. The following items are approved for purchases with the Fuel Card.
- Emergency Towing and Assistance
- Service and Maintenance
- Additives, such as motor oil, anti-freeze, wiper fluid, etc.
For Emergency Roadside Assistance call 1.800.356.9316
Who to Contact
For questions about approved items or spending limits please contact your department’s Card Custodian
Treasury Services, Fuel Card Administrator
Fuel Card Purchases Must be Monitored
Card Custodians are required to:
- Reconcile Receipts with monthly charges on a monthly basis
- Document reconciliation with date and signature
- Contact Business Services when discrepancies appear
- Report any concerns of unusual or inappropriate activity to the Budget Authority or Financial Manager
Budget Authorities are required to:
- Review reconciliations and logs on a monthly basis
- Document reviews with date and signature
- Promptly report concerns to the Financial Manager (See POL-U5315.25 Reporting Loss of University Fund or Property, when applicable.)
Random reviews will be conducted by Card Services. Active accounts with no activity for 12 months will be reviewed for cancellation.
As a fuel cardholder, you have access to the National Automobile Club Fleet Rescue roadside assistance.
Should your vehicle become disabled, services is dispatched to assist you 24/7. You can receive faster
services by calling the number on the back of the fuel card. Or can call 1.800.356.9316. Any necessary
services will be billed directly to your Voyager Fleet Card, with no out-of-pocket expenses required.
Fleet Rescue will help with:
- Jump starts
- Tire change
- Fuel and water delivery
- Mechanical first aid
Fuel Card Forms
- Card Application
- Card Log
- Departmental Card User List
- Lost Receipt Log (for Western fuel card use only)
- Roadside Assistance Flyer