Transport Services mission is to take care of the transport of goods and furnishings on the WWU campus and among its satellite offices. We also facilitate the moving of offices and labs from and within different buildings.
We strive to provide services that are timely and carried out with care, efficiency, pride and with the least amount of inconvenience to our customers.
2-Weeks Prior to Moving
- Establish a Move Coordinator to coordinate with the departments involved e.g. Telecommunications, Facilities, ATUS, and Transport.
- Request packing boxes, tape, & dispensers from Central Services x3546.
- Pack all books, files, documents, folders, etc that will not be required until after moving.
- Completely empty lateral file cabinets. Letter & legal size cabinets must have top 2 drawers empty. If still using files, empty prior to move date.
- Color tag all boxes and furniture with names and new room numbers. Different colors for each new location makes moving easier.
- Use a scaled drawing to lay out your new office with positions of desks, tables, file cabinets, etc. This will assist us in setting up your office.
- Sequentially number all multiple pieces of furniture.
- Advise Facilities Management x3420 of any fixtures, furniture, pictures, etc that will require disassembly on the day before moving.
1-Week Prior to Moving
- Request additional packing boxes if necessary.
- Continue packing books, documents, folders, files, etc.
- Pack all personal and desktop items, empty all desk drawers of unnecessary items.
- Remember to pack up common facilities e.g. meeting and break rooms etc.
1-Day Prior to Moving
- Pack your personal, fragile items, small plants, etc. and transport them to your new location together with personal and fragile belongings.
- Ensure that Facilities Management has disassembled fixtures and furniture.
The Day of Moving
- Tape a copy of the office lay out on the door or entrance wall of the new office.
- Wait at your new location to unpack boxes as they arrive. Flatten empty boxes and set aside for Transport Services to pick up at a later time or date.
Just So You Know
Transport personnel will do weekly follow-ups to monitor progress and to provide help and suggestions as needed.
Transport personnel will also be happy to assist in moving furniture around in the new offices after the whole move has been completed. We will contact you after the move is completed.
We look forward to working with you and making your transition as smooth and stress free as possible.