Business Services


Know Your Transporation Expense Types!

  • Gas: Available for refueling rental vehicles.  Requires a receipt.
  • Mileage: Available when using a personal vehicle for your travel. Please use the current Washington State Mileage rate, enter the miles in the “Unit” field, and enter a brief description to explain the mileage calculation. (i.e. Bellingham to Seattle Round Trip.)
  • Ground Transportation: Buses, trains, rental cars require receipts. Taxis & shuttles do not require a receipt.
  • Miscellaneous: Ferries, boat transportation, bike taxis (plus other non-transportation related miscellaneous expenses.) Requires receipts over $50 per item per day.
  • Airfare: Flight costs, including change fees. Requires receipt and itinerary.

What is a Miscellaneous Expense?

Miscellaneous travel expenses do not require receipts if less than $50 per item per day.

Allowable “Miscellaneous” expenses include but are not limited to:

  • Ferries
  • Internet
  • Bridge Tolls (not HOV tolls)
  • Parking
  • Baggage Fees

Contact Travel Services, 360-650-6640 if you have a questions.