Purchasing Food and Beverages
Effective date: April 28, 2015
This policy only applies when using Chart 1 funds to purchase food/beverages which are not covered by/included in an event registration fee.
Alternate rules for purchasing food and beverages:
- For Chart 2 and 3 funds, contact University Advancement
- For Service and Activities (S&A) fees, see S&A Guidelines
- Associated Students policies
Cheat sheet to determine what forms are required for your food purchase.
For meals during travel status, follow the Authorizing and Reimbursing for Travel for Official University Business policy (POL-U5348.10).
POL-U5348.16 - Purchasing Food and Beverages
- Chart 1 - Food and Beverage Approval Form - FRM-U5348.16A
- Chart 2 - Food and Beverage Approval Form - FRM-U5348.16B
- Justification for Use of Non-State Facility - Form
Question & Answers
Attendee List Requirement
On the FBA form Section III (Event Information), indicate the name of the groups that are being invited to the event. For example, “Open invitation to Biology Department faculty and staff.”
On the FBA form Section III (Event Information) indicate, “Invitees include faculty and staff; names are being withheld to for privacy reasons.”
* Food purchases made with grant funds may have different requirements in regards to providing.
Aramark Catering Requirement
No. However, the following are Bellingham venues that allow Aramark to cater are:
- Squalicum Boathouse
- Lairmont Manor
- Fairhaven Ferry Terminal
Examples of an attendee fee are:
- A conference registration fee
- A vendor fee to participate in a campus fair
- Field trip course fee
BFA Policy Coordinator/Internal Controls