VIRTUAL Fall Career Fair
November 5, 2020
1:00-5:00 PM Pacific Time
Hosted on Viking Career Link
About the Fair
- Looking for internship opportunities or jobs for when you graduate?
- Interested in connecting with organizations and recruiters who are hiring now?
- Want to get tips and info on how to be successful in an application or interview process?
Join us for our Fall Career Fair in a new VIRTUAL format! You are encouraged to upload a resume and RSVP for the fair to make the most of the event (although that is not required).
During this virtual event, you will log on to Viking CareerLink to see hiring organizations who are online, join a queue to speak to a recruiter, or pop into a group chat to learn more about the organization.
Event Information and Instructions
Before the Event
- Make sure you can access your account in Viking CareerLink.
- Review information contained under Account > Academic – make sure you are accurately reflecting your major (if known), degree (if applicable), and graduation year.
- Upload a copy of your resume to Accounts > My Documents.
- Under Events > Career Fairs, find this event and select “Attend.” This will share your resume with participating organizations!
- Review the list of organizations participating below and make notes of those you’d like to connect with
- Check out this 2 minute video to get a sense of how the event will work.
Day of the Event
- The event is open the entire timeframe – drop in whenever you are able!
- When you’re ready to participate, log into your Viking CareerLink account, and go to Events > Career Fairs > Find this event > “Attend”
- You will be prompted to complete or update your “Chat Profile”
- You can speak to recruiters in a 1:1 video chat by clicking on “Join queue.” A list of the employers you are waiting for will show up under “Upcoming Chats” along with the estimated wait times.
- You can wait in multiple “chat queues” to maximize your time.
- While waiting in the virtual “chat queue” make sure to stay within the virtual career fair or you might miss invites from representatives when it is your turn to accept a conversation.
- When it’s your turn to accept a conversation invite, you will see an alert pop-up on the screen that says “Ready to Chat.” Click on the alert to view instructions on how to video chat with the employer. Usually this will be a Zoom or other video link. Click on the link to connect! Turn on your camera if you have access to one.
- When you are done with your video chat, you can write up any follow-up notes and use this information for follow-up after the event.
What to do…
- If you need to step away for a short break, set your profile status to “busy” so that recruiters cannot invite you to video chat until you return your profile status to “available”.
- If you need to leave the event, set your profile status to “offline” and you will be automatically removed from any virtual “chat queues” you were waiting in.
- Please share your feedback from this event – we will be sending a short survey and are interested in hearing about your experience!
Job and Internship Listings
Please click here to view internship and job opportunities offered by organizations attending the Virtual Fall Career Fair!
The following employers have indicated they plan to conduct virtual interviews:
Old Dominion Freight Line, Inc.
CampusPoint: Recruiter of Students & Recent College Grads
Consolidated Supply Co.
Enterprise Holdings Inc.
Express Employment Professionals
Fast Enterprises, LLC
IDEX Health & Science
Janicki Industries, Inc.
Kohl's Department Stores
Northwestern Mutual Financial Network
Northwest Youth Corps
Old Dominion Freight Line, Inc.
Puget Sound Naval Shipyard
South Whatcom Fire Authority
TKK Communications, LLC
Techtronic Industries NA
The Good Samaritan Society
The Hershey Company
The Spur Group, Inc.
U.S. Department of State
U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
U.S. Senator Patty Murray
Washington Finance Officers Association
Washington State University
Western Washington University Career Services Center Info Table
Western Washington University MBA Program
Western Washington University - Professional & Continuing Education
Contact: Diane Flores, 360-650-4240, Diane.Flores@wwu.edu To request disability accommodation, contact Diane Flores.