Huxley Environmental Career & Internship Fair
February 24, 2021
Hosted on Viking Career Link
About the Fair
- Looking for internship opportunities or jobs for when you graduate?
- Interested in connecting with organizations and recruiters who are hiring now?
- Want to get tips and info on how to be successful in an application or interview process?
Join us for our Huxley Environmental Career & Internship Fair in a new VIRTUAL format! You are encouraged to upload a resume and RSVP for the fair to make the most of the event (although that is not required). During this virtual event, you will log on to Viking Career Link to see hiring organizations who are online, join a queue to speak to a recruiter, or pop into a group chat to learn more about the organization.
Event Information and Instructions
- Make sure you can access your account in Viking CareerLink.
- Upload a copy of your resume to Accounts > My Documents.
- Under Events > Career Fairs, find this event and select “Attend.” This will share your resume with participating organizations!
- Review the list of organizations participating and make notes of those you’d like to connect with
- Check out this 2 minute video to get a sense of how the event will work.
- The event is open the entire timeframe – drop in whenever you are able!
- When you’re ready to participate, log into your Viking CareerLink account, and go to Events > Career Fairs > Find this event > “Attend”
- You will be prompted to complete or update your “Chat Profile”
- You can speak to recruiters in a 1:1 video chat by clicking on “Join queue.” A list of the employers you are waiting for will show up under “Upcoming Chats” along with the estimated wait times. You can wait in multiple “chat queues” to maximize your time.
- While waiting in the virtual “chat queue” make sure to stay within the virtual career fair or you might miss invites from representatives when it is your turn to accept a conversation.
- When it’s your turn to accept a conversation invite, you will see an alert pop-up on the screen that says “Ready to Chat.” Click on the alert to view instructions on how to video chat with the employer. Usually this will be a Zoom or other video link. Click on the link to connect! Turn on your camera if you have access to one.
- When you are done with your video chat, you can write up any follow-up notes and use this information for follow-up after the event.
- You need to step away for a short break, set your profile status to “busy” so that recruiters cannot invite you to video chat until you return your profile status to “available”.
- You need to leave the event, set your profile status to “offline” and you will be automatically removed from any virtual “chat queues” you were waiting in.
Job and Internship Listings:
To view internship and job opportunities offered by organizations attending the Virtual Huxley Environmental Career & Internship Fair, please click here.
Anchor QEA, LLC
Bellingham Parks and Recreation
Community Boating Center
Deception Pass State Park
Environmental Resources Management (ERM)
Hidden Valley Camp
Huxley College of the Environment Info Desk
Jacobs Engineering Group
King County Department of Natural Resources and Parks
Navy Talent Acquisition Group Pacific Northwest
Nooksack Salmon Enhancement Association
Northeastern University - Seattle
Northwest Youth Corps
Pacific Northwest Trail Association
Padilla Bay National Estuarine Research Reserve
SIT Study Abroad
Triad River Tours
Twin Eagles Wilderness School
U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
Washington Service Corps
Washington State Department of Fish & Wildlife
The Intern Group
UW Tacoma School of Urban Studies
WWU Career Services Center Info Table
Whatcom Land Trust
Wilderness Awareness School