Internship & Job Resources for
International Students at WWU

Looking for International Employment Opportunities? CLICK HERE

NOTE: Many of these programs charge fees. Always check with WWU International Student and Scholars Services for up-to-date visa requirements.

About H1B Visas

Commonly called the "work visa", H-1B is a nonimmigrant classification for temporary employment in a specialty occupation. A specialty occupation requires specialized knowledge along with at least a bachelor's degree. Students cannot apply for H-1B status themselves and WWU doesn't get involved in the process. You must find a job with an employer who will sponsor you for the H-1B and the employer must initiate the application process on your behalf. More information can be found at some of these sites: