You've submitted your resume and are waiting to hear back. Will you be ready and rehearsed for the interview or do you plan to just wing it?! The information on this page will help you to prepare for your interviews.
- Mock Interviews Don't blow it by practicing at the actual interview! Prepare in advance with a mock interview! Career Center Counselors can help you prepare for the next step in the application process by conducting a mock interview with you.
- Meet with a Counselor to learn interview strategies and techniques.
Resources to Help you Prepare
- Informational Interviews Informational interviewing is NOT a job interview. It involves meeting directly with people working in areas of interest to you in order to obtain concrete career information. Read the attached PDF to learn more.
- Typical Types of On-Campus Interviews This link describes the types of interviews you can expect on-campus.
- Behavior Based Interview Questions, Sample Interview Questions, and Typical Interview Questions See the three handouts above for information on the behavioral style of interviewing (used by most employers) and sample interview questions.
- Professional Attire for Interviews See this handout for tips on dressing for the interview.
- Questions to Ask Yourself Before You Get Dressed for a Job Interview Follow this link for an interesting article and more career information from About.com
- Interview Appearance and Attire This website from Virginia Tech contains a wealth of information on interview appearance.