Meet with a Counselor
The career counseling staff is available to assist WWU students and alumni in developing a career path and learning the skills to successfully find an internship or job. Career counselors can help you:
- Determine a major by clarifying academic and career interests
- Identify connections between your major and career options
- Assist in changing careers
- Identify resources to research employers
- Develop internship and job search strategies
- Write effective resumes and employer letters
- Prepare and practice for interviews
- Evaluate job offers from potential employers
- Learn to negotiate salaries
- Apply to graduate or professional schools
To make an appointment, stop by the Career Services Center in Old Main 280 or call 360-650-3240 during normal business hours (8am-5pm, M-F), or
complete our appointment request form to receive a call back within one business day.
Please note: Career Counseling services are available by appointment only, with scheduling dependent upon current Career Counselor availability. While Career Services will attempt to accommodate all past, present, and future students who request services, services for current students will be prioritized during times of high demand. Based on staff discretion, students who have not received services may be prioritized over students who have received services, and/or service requests may be denied due to labor market circumstances, previous service attempt failures, or impolite or threatening treatment of staff.