Questions to Ask Employers at Career Fairs
The best way to approach a company representative in order to learn about the company and create a strong first impression is to ask good questions. Because of the research you to prior to the Career Fair, you will probably come up with more specific questions for each company. Here is a list of suggestions to get you started:
- What are the entry-level jobs for someone with a background in…?
- What are the qualifications for jobs in this field?
- Describe some typical projects/assignments for an entry-level person in your organization.
- Does the company offer internships or co-op positions?
- Do you have any advice for someone wanting to enter the field?
- What is the best way to obtain a position in your field/industry?
- Are there any specific courses a student might take that would be relevant in this field?
- What is the current demand and outlook for the field/industry?
- What type of training does your organization offer?
- What are some typical career paths? What is a typical time frame for promotion in this field?
- How many people are employed within the company, business, organization, or department?
- Where does this position fit in the overall organization of the company? Who will the person in this position report to?
- Will you describe the selection process?
- If there are no openings at this time, when do you anticipate future openings? Are there other companies you may know of who might be interested in my qualifications? May I use your name as a referral source?
- May I contact you later if I have other questions?