Virtual Spring Career Fair 2021
April 29, 2021
11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Hosted on Handshake
If you have questions during this event on how to navigate Handshake, questions about Career Services or just want to say “hello” - we’re here to help! The Zoom meeting link below will direct you into “Handshake Hospitality for WWU”.
Link active Thursday April 29th 11AM-3:00PM PST
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 941 4379 7437
Please note, we will have a waiting room function enabled. Alternatively, you can log into the Spring Career Fair within Handshake and sign up for any remaining 1:1 timeslots with the Career Services Center.
About the Spring Career Fair for Students
- Looking for internship or job opportunities?
- Interested in learning about employers’ application process?
- Want to learn more about a company’s culture and workplace operations?
With the launch of Handshake for the Western Community, participating in the VIRTUAL Spring Career Fair will provide opportunities for students to:
- Schedule 1:1 sessions and register for group sessions in advance
- Utilize embedded video/audio/chat and screenshare functions during interactive sessions
- Practice virtual networking and highlight qualifying skills to employers interested in hiring current students and alumni from Western!
Event Information and Instruction
Handshake is a new sourcing platform for the Western Community and we encourage you to look through Handshake’s student guide to attending a virtual fair which includes important details on how to register, participate and follow up post-event.
- Claim your student account by logging into Handshake and begin customizing your profile
- Upload a copy of your resume
- RSVP for the Spring Career Fair by selecting this event under the “events” tab
- Periodically, review the list of employers -as employer registration and 1:1/group meeting schedules will be ongoing.
- Start building your day-of schedule by signing up for open timeslots to meet with employers 1:1 or attend group sessions. Remember, as more employers register for this event, more schedules will be posted for 1:1 or group sessions.
- Start building your schedule ASAP! Appointments with employers are first-come, first-served. Space is limited, so schedule your appointments as they become available to secure your preferred career fair schedule.
- Ensure you have the best setup to support session audio and video by reviewing the Handshake Tech Guide
- Review the day-of steps to participate in your 1:1 or group sessions so you are familiar with the layout and logistics
- Anticipate receiving proactive messaging from employers providing introductions and recruitment opportunities in advance of this event
- Log into your Handshake Account
- Navigate to the fair in Handshake, and click on the Your Schedule Tab (you can also click on the home-page banner direct link)
- Review your schedule, make sure you are prepared for 1:1/group session meetings (professional setting/attire/familiarity with hiring needs/questions for employers/copy of resume
- Search for available timeslots to meet with employers (students might have cancelled a session, employers might have added sessions, or session timeslots might be unclaimed)
- Follow up with employers (or attend a post career fair workshop on 4/30 2-2:50PM)
- Anticipate receiving post-event messaging from employers who are interested in inviting you to apply or interview for opportunities
- Attend a “next steps” post-career fair workshop
- Do you anticipate an interview? Schedule a practice interview with Career Services or take a look at some interviewing resources
- Troubleshooting audio/video connections
- Accessibility/requesting a visual interpreter
- Need some day-of guidance on good questions to ask employers, brief resume review or event logistics? Visit the virtual Career Services Center “info table”, call the office at 360-650-3240 or email email@example.com
- Questions about navigating Handshake? Visit Student Handshake Support