Families and Visitors
- 2 days 6 hours ago
- 3 days 5 hours ago
- Coronavirus Update for April 2: Resources from the Washington State Employee Assistance Program (EAP)3 days 8 hours ago
Most public buildings on campus are closed by order of the Governor, including:
- Carver Academic Facility, including the gyms and fitness center
- Lakewood Watersports Facility
- Viking Union, including the AS Bookstore and the Outdoor Center
- Wade King Student Recreation Center
- Western Libraries (Remote learning and teaching resources)
- The Performing Arts Center
- The Western Gallery
The AS Student Late Night Shuttle is canceled until further notice.
While the Governor’s “Stay Home/Stay Healthy” order is in place, there may be no public gatherings or events of any size. After the expiration of this order and until further notice, the campus will revert back to all non-essential gatherings (including groups as small as 10 – 50 people) at Western being canceled or postponed.
All on-campus visit programs, tours and information sessions are suspended.
Postponed events include:
- Spring Career Fair - April 16
- WWU Great Puzzle Hunt - April 17. Postponed to 2021
- Employment Agency Expo - May 13
- Womxn of Color Empowerment Dinner - May 16. Postponed to fall quarter
Frequently Asked Questions
We have established a Student Emergency Fund to provide relief for students who are experiencing food and housing insecurity, those whose families are confronting job loss or illness, and for those who are hungry and unable to afford even basic necessities. This reserve is a financial lifeline for our students in crisis and will help to ensure that their needs are met and that they are able to remain at Western. We appreciate any support you can provide at: www.vikingfunder.com/sef20
In consideration of the safety of our visitors and campus community, we are suspending all on-campus visit programs, tours and information sessions. If you have extenuating circumstances (e.g. non-refundable airline tickets), please reach out. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Don’t hesitate to contact us with questions.
In consideration of the safety of our visitors and campus community due to the new coronavirus (COVID-19), we will be moving our Admitted Student Day program to a virtual event; the in-person visit will be suspended. Details will be coming soon!
Western is sending out regular updates through its Western Alert system. Families may opt in to Western Alerts by clicking here.
Regular updates are also posted here and on Western Today's news page.
If you aren't already signed up for Family Connection, click here to sign up for the monthly e-newsletter for WWU families.