WA Vaccine Incentive Scholarship
Get Vaccinated and Register for Fall Classes for a Chance at One of Ten $1,000 Scholarships!
The Governor’s Office of the State of Washington recently announced funds to be awarded by random drawing to students in the state’s institutions of higher education. The funds are part of the State’s “Shot of a Lifetime” program and are intended to be used to incentivize vaccination among Washington college students.
Western will be awarding ten, $1,000 scholarships by the end of July. Awards will be posted to Fall 2021 student aid accounts, and students must matriculate in the Fall Quarter of 2021 in order to receive the scholarship.
Students will be automatically entered into the drawing if they
- Were enrolled in and successfully completed at least 6 credits in Spring 2021;
- Have not yet graduated;
- Were enrolled as a Washington resident during Spring 2021;
- Are registered for classes in the Fall 2021 term by July 18, 2021; and
- Have submitted a legible copy of their fully completed COVID-19 Immunization Card via the Student Health Center’s secure MyWesternHealth patient portal no later than July 18, 2021. Incomplete Immunization Cards will not be accepted.
Drawing to be held on July 20, 2021.
The Financial Aid Department will follow up with scholarship recipients.
COVID vaccinations are required for all students, faculty, and staff before returning to campus for Fall 2021.
Follow these simple steps to submit a legible copy of your fully completed COVID-19 Immunization Card. It's easy and secure!
- Login to your MyWesternHealth patient portal.
- Click the button “Enter My COVID-19 Vaccine Information”.
- Upload a legible picture of your fully completed COVID-19 Immunization Card.
- Enter the date(s) of your vaccination(s).
- Click “Done”.
Please note: you are considered fully vaccinated for COVID-19 fourteen (14) days or longer after receiving the second dose in a 2-dose series (Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna), or fourteen (14) days or longer after receiving the single-dose vaccine (Johnson and Johnson (J&J)/Janssen).
For the COVID Vaccine provider nearest to you, please go to Vaccine Finder.