Western Washington University Resources

  • DisAbility Resources for Students provides academic accommodations for enrolled students with qualified disabilities, temporary or permanent, as well as counseling, resources, and referral information. For service eligibility, a complete diagnostic description from a qualified professional is required.

  • Disability Services in Human Resources assists Western Washington University employees with accommodation requests, including leave requests on the basis of a qualified disability.

  • The Equal Opportunity Office assists faculty, staff and students, with qualified disabilities, resolve and mediate discrimination concerns related to their disability, and investigate and resolve formal complaints should they be filed.

  • The Center for Continuing Education in Rehabilitation is an umbrella organization that houses a variety of resources for individuals with disabilities, rehabilitation professionals, advocates, employers, community members, families and community leaders.

  • The Disability Business Technical Assistance Center (DBTAC) for Region 10 (Alaska, Idaho, Washington and Oregon) provides information, training, and technical assistance to employers, people with disabilities, and other entities with responsibilities under the American with Disabilities Act.

  • Students for Disability Awareness is a student organization aimed to spread awareness & educate the WWU community about the disability culture, promote equal opportunity & better accessibility for all students, faculty & staff (regardless of nature).

  • The Speech-Language-Hearing Clinic, located in Parks Hall, is an excellent resource for individuals seeking assistance with communication disorders or impairments.

  • For individuals with assistive technology needs the Ershig Assistive Technology Resource Center (E-ARTC) provides a library of over 300 items available to view and use.

  • Western Washington University offers two graduate level programs for students seeking to work within the field of disability services; the Master in Rehabilitation Counseling and Master in Special Education (for Certified Teachers).
Page Updated 07.30.2018