Registrar's Office

Registrar's Office FAQs

To declare/change a major, you must fill out a blue major declaration card, indicating the change of major. Unless dropping a major, this must be filled out with an authorized signature from the department.

To declare/change a minor, you must fill out a yellow minor declaration card, indicating the change of minor. Unless dropping a minor, this must be filled out with an authorized signature from the department.

Being aware of grade change deadlines, you may change to-or-from pass/no pass grading methods by filling out a quick form in the Registrar’s Office.

Current students may obtain a copy of their enrollment verification online through their Web4U.

Please visit our Enrollment Verification page for more information.

Your enrollment status and number of credits at WWU determine registration for courses.

You can see your official time to register via your Web4U and double check with our quarterly registration schedule.

When trying to access myWestern, select the “Login for Alumni/Former Employees” tab on the right of the page.

This is also applicable for former students who have not received a degree from WWU.

If you experience difficulty with your login or need to reset your password, please contact ATUS at (360) 650-3333

WWU has a three-step approach to graduation:

  1. Use the online Degree Evaluation Tool BEFORE registration to check that you are on track to graduate and to access which requirements you have left to finish.
  2. Meet with your Major and (if applicable) Minor Advisor to complete a Major and (if applicable) Minor Evaluation Form.
  3. Complete a Degree Application and attach your signed Major and (if applicable) Minor Evaluation.   

You may submit all necessary documents to the Registrar’s Office in person, or via email to Degree Evaluation.

Late withdrawal privileges (WPs) allow students to drop a course between the third and seventh week of fall, winter, and spring quarter (summer session withdrawal dates vary).

Students are permitted two late withdrawal privileges annually at the beginning of the fall quarter.

By using a WP to withdraw from a class, the student will receive a W next to the course, but won’t have their GPA affected.

All WPs must be completed in the Registrar’s Office with a drop form.

Prospective employers and institutions will all view transcripts differently. For further questions on how they view late-withdrawals, you will want to contact the potential institution/employer.

There are a few different error messages students may receive when attempting to register for a class.

Major Restriction – Departments will often limit course enrollment to specified majors. If you have not declared that major, you will not be able to register for the course.

Closed- Registration for this course is closed.

Time conflict – The course you are attempting to register for conflicts with another class.

To view holds on your account, select the “View Holds” tab in your “Student Record”.

In order to understand how dropping a course could potentially affect your financial aid, please contact the Financial Aid Office at (360) 650-3470.

Tuition is due on the first day of each quarter.
In order to avoid incurring late fees, you must pay off any remaining balance by the 15th of each month.

For further questions, contact the Student Business Office at (360) 650-2865.

For students enrolled in 6+ credits, both the Alternative Transportation Fee and the Student Recreation Fee are included in tuition.

For gym membership pricing, visit WWU’s Rec Center Website or call (360) 650-3766.

For student bus pass pricing, visit WWU’s Transportation Website or call (360) 650-7960 .

Students are eligible to live in the residnce halls if they are enrolled in 8 or more credits.

For more information regarding on-campus housing, visit WWU’s University Residences Website or call (360) 650-6565.