Faculty Peer Review
- The Peer Collaboration and Review of Teaching, Pat Hutchings, American Association for Higher Education. Article about the importance of peer review, with numerous examples and anecdotal evidence of how it works.
- Peer Observation and Assessment of Teaching, Instructional Support Services, University of Texas at El Paso
- Peer Reviews of Teaching: A Best Practices Guide, California State University, Northridge. How to plan and prepare for a peer review, how to best begin one, key things to look for in a class syllabus, and what to look for in a class visit as a peer reviewer.
- Twelve Tips for Peer Observation of Teaching, Zarrin Seema Siddiqui, Diana Jonas-Dwyer & Sandra E. Carr, University of Western Australia. Research article with 12 strategies to use when using peer review in the college setting - framed through medical education, but not strongly related to content.
Online Course Resources
- Faculty Competencies for Online Teaching, Penn State University
- Faculty Peer Review of Online Teaching, Penn State University
- Peer Review Guide for Online Courses, Penn State University
- Peer Review Instructor Input Form, Penn State University
- Blended Learning Toolkit, (BlendKit)
- Chico State's QOLT Rubric, Overview
- Exemplary Online Instruction, Chico, California State University. Evaluates online or mixed mode courses with six domains along a spectrum of three rankings (Basic, Effective, and Exemplary). Links to exemplary online courses at CSU, Chico in a wide variety of fields.
- Faculty Evaluation Model for Online Instructors: Mentoring and Evaluation in the Online Classroom, Mandernach, Donnelli, Dailey, Schulte, Park University. Includes an overview of the OIES (Online Instructor Evaluation System) and several clear rubrics for assessing various components of online teaching.
- Implementing the Seven Principles: Technology as Lever, Chickering and Ehrmann, American Association for Higher Education.
- Quality Assurance Checklist, Center for Instructional Design, Central Michigan University. A checklist for faculty to review and evaluate their online courses for structure, syllabus, course content and usability, learning community, and assessment
- Online Course Evaluation Project, Michigan State University. Provides links to criteria-based evaluation tools and examples of recently reviewed courses
- Quality Online Course Initiative, Illinois Online Network. Two versions of a rubric for online courses: a comprehensive rubric with room for comments and a shortened version with only a checklist
- Quality Matters Rubric (5th Edition)