RESOURCES AT WWU
- CIIA Services WWU's Center for Instructional Innovation and Assessment offers a variety of services to support faculty, including workshops and webinars, individual consulting on instructional design or assessment, and the Innovative Teaching Showcase.
- Lending Library CIIA maintains a collection of books, videos and online resources on teaching and learning
- Professional Development Opportunities CIIA collaborates with various WWU offices to present a variety of face-to-face and online workshops and events.
- Teaching-Learning Academy Bringing together faculty, students, staff, and administrators, the TLA is a central forum for the scholarship of teaching and learning at WWU that engages in bi-weekly dialogue groups to develop a BIG question on teaching and learning each year.
- Scholarship of Teaching & Learning (SoTL) Residency The SoTL Residency provides faculty an opportunity to collaborate on developing and strengthening teaching and learning at WWU
- Learning Commons Event Calendar
- WWU Faculty, Staff and Training Opportunities The Human Resources Office maintains an extensive list of professional development opportunities ranging from computer application skills to classroom management as well as leadership and career development.
- Grant-based Workshops A list of funding opportunities for professional development of teaching and learning
Links to Teaching and Learning Centers from around the world
- Center for Innovation in Teaching and Learning at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Center for Faculty Excellence at University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Center for Research on Learning and Teaching at University of Michigan
- Center for Teaching at Vanderbilt University
- Center for Teaching and Faculty Development at San Francisco University
- Eberly Center for Teaching Excellence & Educational Innovation at Carnegie Mellon University
- The Harriet W. Sheridan Center for Teaching and Learning at Brown University
- LEARN Center at University of Wisconsin Whitewater
- Maricopa Center for Learning and Instruction at Maricopa Community College
- Schreyer Institute for Teaching Excellence at Pennsylvania State University
- Tennessee Teaching and Learning Center at University of Tennessee Knoxville
CIEL: Consortium for Innovative Environments in Learning
Fairhaven College at WWU is one of seven colleges involved in this consortium which is designed to synthesize and disseminate practices for the improvement of student learning.