Resources at WWU
- Accessibility at Western Libraries
- Campus Accessibility Map, WWU.
- Disability Access Center, WWU.
- Academic Accommodations: Flexible Exams
- Faculty Information - disAbility Resources for Students
- Providing Reasonable Accommodations (Policy and Procedure)
- Faculty Resources for Accessibility in Online Teaching and Learning
- See also: WWU Syllabus Guidelines.
- 5 Suggestions Concerning Disability, Accommodation, and the College Classroom, George Williams, The Chronicle of Higher Education.
- Teaching Students with Disabilities, University of California, Berkeley.
- What is Reasonable Accommodation? Jane E. Jarrow, Ph.D., Disability Access Information and Support.
- Working with Students with Disabilities, Disabled Travelers.
Accommodations for Instructions
- Accommodating Educators with Disabilities, Job Accommodation Network.
- Accommodating Faculty Members Who Have Disabilities , American Association of University Professors.
- Access in the Academy, Stephanie Kerschbaum, Academe Online, 2012.
- Hidden Disability and an Academic Career, Elaine M. Beretz, Academe Online
- NOTE: WWU Faculty/staff members with disabilities who would like to arrange accommodations should contact the FMLA/Disability Services Specialist in Human Resources
Universal Design for Learning/Accessible Course Content
- Creating Accessible Course Content, University of Central Florida
- Universal Design for Instruction: Fact Sheet University of Connecticut, Center on Postsecondary Education and Disability.
- Universal Design of Instruction (UDI): Definition, Principles, Guidelines, and Examples , DO-IT, University of Washington.
- UDL Universe, "Ensuring Access through Collaboration and Technology" (EnACT) grant via the U.S. Department of Education.
- Videos about UDL, National Center on Universal Design for Learning.
- What is Universal Design for Learning? Center for Applied Special Technology (CAST).