Zipcar at Western Washington University
wheels with no strings attached
Western Washington University has partnered with Zipcar to bring self-service, on-demand car sharing to the area. Learn more and get started at Zipcar for Western
As a member you get:
- 24/7 access to Zipcars.
- Discounted hourly rates for faculty, staff, and students age 18 and older.
- Gas, insurance and maintenance are included in the rental price.
- Join now for only $35 a year!
- Membership is free for students who have a leadership role on campus.
- Membership is free for University departments. There is a $15/year membership fee for each Zipcar driver in the department. Apply with a University OneCard.
To use Zipcars
- Join online as a university member using your "wwu.edu" email
- Once you are an approved Zipster, reserve a car online or by using the Zipcar app
- Use your Zipcard to enter the car, and drive away.
- When you’re done, return the car to the same location where you picked it up, and remember to use your Zipcard again, to lock the car, ending your rental time.
Zipcar Location and Parking
Zipcar has 2 locations on campus.
- The 7G parking lot on High Street adjacent to Higginson Hall, and
- The 15R parking lot on Highland Drive adjacent to the Ridgeway dining hall.
Parking a Zipcar in any campus location other than the designated Zipcar parking spaces requires the appropriate university parking permit.
For information on i.d. and/or documents needed for international students please refer to members.zipcar.com/apply/foreign-drivers.