Western Crossing Development Annual Meeting
May 10, 2017
Port of Bellingham, Mt. Baker Room
Board Members in Attendance:
Dan Robbins, President; Port Commissioner
John Meyer, Vice President; WWU Board of Trustees
Rob Fix, Secretary; Executive Director, Port of Bellingham
Sabah Randhawa, Board Member; WWU President
Absent: Glenn Butler, Treasurer; Board Member
Steve Swan, WWU, V.P. for University Relations and Comm. Development
Rich Van Den Hul, WWU, V.P. for Business & Financial Affairs
Brian Sullivan, WWU, Asst. V.P. for Business & Financial Affairs
Rob Olson, WWU, Asst. Attorney General
Sylvia Goodwin, Port of Bellingham, Planning Director
Frank Chmelik, Port of Bellingham, Legal Counsel
- The meeting was called to order at 10:30 am by Dan Robbins, President of the Board of Directors.
- Motion was made by Rob Fix to approve the amended agenda for the meeting with the decision to move the tour of the waterfront property to the end of the agenda. Seconded by John Meyer. Motion passed unanimously.
- Motion was made by Rob Fix to approve the minutes of the May 4, 2016 meeting. Seconded by Sabah Randhawa. Motion passed unanimously.
- The meeting adjourned into closed session at 10:32 am to discuss real estate issues.
- Meeting reconvened at 10:48 am.
- Dan Robbins gave a brief update on Hannegan Road property.
- New survey and appraisal will be done with a new RFP.
- Rob Fix gave an update on the Waterfront Development Master Plan and discussion was held concerning modifying the Western Crossing Memorandum of Understanding to incorporate the new site plan.
- Motion was made by Rob Fix to approve the Western Crossing MOU as amended during the meeting. The motion provides detail to the location of six acres for Western Crossing Development. Seconded by Sabah Randhawa. Motion passed unanimously.
- Discussion was held on the election of the fifth member of the Board of Directors of Western Crossing Development. Glenn Butler has agreed to be nominated as the fifth member for another two year term.
- Motion was made by John Meyer to re-elect Glenn Butler as the fifth member of the Board of Directors for a two year term. Seconded by Sabah Randhawa. Motion passed unanimously.
- Election of New Officers for the 2017-18 year.
- Motion was made by John Meyer to accept the slate of officers for the 2017-18 year. Seconded by Sabah Randhawa. Motion passed unanimously.
- John Meyer, President
- Rob Fix, Vice President
- Sabah Randhawa, Secretary
- Glenn Butler, Treasurer
- There is no new business.
- The meeting adjourned at 11:30 am with a tour of the Granary Building and site visit of the waterfront property.