Faculty & Staff Wellness Program Updates
Winter Quarter Class Dates: Tuesday 1/9/2018 - Friday 3/23/2018
*What's new for Winter Quarter?
- All classes and instructors are back for Winter!
- See our Programs Page for all available offerings & packages: Click on a class you are interested in, and read the details carefully!
- Maria will be teaching 'Nia' this quarter. See the Nia program page for more details!
- Here is a quick summary of which classes are where for Winter 2018:
- There is a new Stay at Work/Return to Work web page that is dedicated to providing resources for those employees needing help to stay at work, or make the transition back to work when injury or illness disrupts their lives. The FSWP is proud to be partnering with this program.
- Check out the new Western Wise & Well U page: https://wp.wwu.edu/wiseandwellu/
- The Faculty & Staff Wellness Program is proud to be the WINNER of the Zo8 Award from Washington Wellness.
- The Faculty & Staff Wellness Program is proud to be the WINNER of Seattle Business Magazine's Leaders in Health Care Award for Achievement in Wellness Programs:
- Western has been designated as a Platinum Fit-Friendly Worksite by the American Heart Association for the 6th year in a row!
- Check out and contribute to these pages: Western Employees in Action & Testimonials
- Free Nutrition Seminar Series with Registered Dietitian Sarah Richey:
- Did you miss a session? Don't worry, we recorded it: Watch it online now!
- Try one of our free Yoga Videos online at your own desk!
- The Faculty & Staff Wellness Program has also received the
Washington State Golden Apple Award & Washington Worksite Wellness Designation!
Active Minds Changing Lives
Program Mission & Vision:
Our mission is to create a supportive environment that encourages a healthy lifestyle encompassing all dimensions of wellness. We are committed to educating, facilitating, and supporting decisions and actions of wellness by Western employees.
We specialize in making it a priority to get employees moving during their lunch breaks! We have an extensive lunchtime program dedicated to having “something for everyone” to get you away from your desk!
Are you just starting to exercise, but need help on what to do next? Sign up for our free Confidential Wellness Consultation!
Got a great idea for the Faculty & Staff Wellness Program? We want it!
- Share your ideas at: firstname.lastname@example.org