2019-21 Capital Planning Process
Western faculty, staff, and administrators engaged in a year-long process to develop the 2019-21 Capital Request and the 2019-2029 Capital Plan. The Capital Plan includes major (over $5 million), intermediate ($2 million to $5 million), and minor works ($25,000 to $2 million) preservation and programmatic projects. The Vice Presidents and the Capital Development Working Group developed a draft of the 2019-21 Capital Request and 2019-29 Capital Plan after receiving helpful feedback from the UPRC, the Board of Trustees, and the campus community. The final version of the Capital Request and Capital Plan was approved by the Board of Trustees at their June 2018 meeting.
The projects that make up the 2019-21 Capital Request were submitted to the State in August 2018. The 2019-29 Capital Plan was submitted to the State in September 2018. Details of these submittals can be found below.
2019-29 Capital Plan
Western submitted the 2019-29 Capital Plan to the State in September 2018.
2019-29 Capital Plan Associated Documents
- 2019-21 Capital Plan Development Process
- 2019-21 Graphic Timeline
- 2019-29 Summary of Capital Plan Projects
- 2019-29 Capital Plan Campus Map
2019-21 Capital Project Proposals
Western submitted the following project proposals in August 2018 to the State for funding in the 2019-21 biennium:
- Sciences Building Addition (STEM I)
- Electrical Engineering/Computer Science Building (submitted as "STEM III" in the Capital Request)
- ES Renovation (STEM II)
- 19-21 Classroom and Lab Upgrades
- Consolidated Academic Support Services
- Critical Safety, Access Control, and Fiber Optic Network Upgrades
- Elevator Safety and ADA Upgrades
2019-21 Minor Works Projects
Western submitted our minor works programmatic and preservation projects to the State in September 2018 for funding in the 2019-21 biennium.