Corporate Travel Card
Note: The Corporate Travel Card is NOT the same as the newly introduced Department Travel Card.
Basics of The Corporate Travel Visa Card
Benefits of having a WWU Corporate Travel Card
- Eliminates the need for travel advances
- Allows travelers to make on the spot travel related purchases
- Allows WWU employees to directly purchase airfare
- is issued by US Bank (the card provider).
- is to be used for business related travel expenses only.
- may be obtained by permanent employees only.
- is an individual liability card, meaning, each cardholder receives the bill and makes payment directly to the credit card company.
- cannot be used for personal purchases.
- may be used to purchase business airfare directly with an airline.
- is monitored by the Travel Desk/Accounts Payable.
- allows the cardholder to access, review, and pay for their account online.
- is not a good idea for people who do not travel very often, or are not frequently responsible for making travel reservations for others.
- Complete the WWU Travel Card Application
- needs to be signed by a supervisor.
- should be submitted to the Travel Desk at MS 1420.
- takes approximately two weeks to process (from the time Travel receives it to the time the card arrives).
- are set by the card provider.
- are established via a credit evaluation internal to the card provider which does not result in a hard hit to the cardholder's personal credit line.
- may be increased upon approval by the Travel Desk and the card provider, as requested by the cardholder.
- may be temporarily restricted, by the Travel Desk, if fraudulent charges, inappropriate use, or a lost card is suspected.
Manage the Travel Card through US Bank's online Access site.
Need a reimbursements of expenses on the card?
- should be sought via the same method as purchases made with a personal credit card.
- may be made based on receipts, and may not have to wait for the credit card statement.
- will not be made for personal purchases.
Termination of the Account
- may occur if the card goes 12 months without activity.
- may be requested by the cardholder at any time.
- may be instigated by the Travel Desk for inappropriate use, or termination of employment.
- Rental Cars
- Personal items
- Non-travel-related expenses
- Non-business-related telephone calls
All documents related to the WWU Travel Card may be fully disclosed as a public record to the extent provided for by the Public Disclosure Laws.
Account Information Transfers
If WWU contracts with another financial institution, other than the current provider, the information used to open your WWU Travel Card may be transferred using confidential and secure methods to the new provider, to give you continuous service. All other policy would continue in effect.