WWU Interactive Web Map
The WWU Campus Map includes a list of spatial data layers that can be turned on / off as desired (using the “Layer List” icon). Many of these layers are 'group' layers, that can be 'expanded' to list the individual sub-layers.
The main map layers are:
- Accessibility (parking, routes, doors, etc. - building accessibility information is included in the building's pop-up)
- Art (Galleries, Sculptures and the Sculpture Tour)
- Bicycle Info (Bike racks, Walk Zones, recommend bicycle routes thru campus, and City of Bellingham bicycle routes)
- Bus Info (WTA bus routes and stops that are close to WWU)
- Computer Labs (ATUS and ResTek)
- Family Amenities (Changing and Lactation rooms)
- Food (Retail and Residential)
- Gender Neutral Restrooms
- Parking (Visitor Parking, Evening / Weekend Parking, Permit Parking, Summer Permit Parking, and Misc. (pay stations, motorcycle parking, loading zones, etc.)
- Safety (Emergency Phones, AED locations, Major Disaster Assembly Areas and Priority Snow Removal Routes
- Sustainable Features & Buildings
- Notable Trees on campus
- Construction (current projects)
A Legend for each layer can be viewed from the Legend icon.
In addition to the data layers, the WWU Campus Map includes spatial “Bookmarks” (zoom to a specific building, parking lot or key place on campus), a Search function (search by building, department, institute, etc.), and a Show Current Location icon (for mobile devices).
Many features on the map (buildings, parking lots, etc.) have a popup that can be opened by clicking on the feature. Popups contain additional information about the feature.
See notes on using URL Parameters or Voice Commands with the Campus Map below.
For questions or comments on the WWU Campus Map contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
WWU Static / Printable Maps (PDF* files)
- General Campus Map
- Residence Halls & Dining
- Gender NeutralRestrooms
- Art on Campus
- WWU's Sculpture Tour
- Bikes (Micromobility) (also poster-size)
- Priority Snow Removal Routes (11x17)
- Artistic 'Bird's-Eye View'
- WWU Air Photo (2013) (11x17)
- WWU Vegetation (11x17)
- Bellingham-WWU (32x44)
From Interstate 5, take Exit #252 (Samish Way and WWU). Turn west onto Samish Way and follow the signs for Bill McDonald Parkway and the University Campus.
The Static maps listed above are 'geo-PDF' files. As such they can be downloaded and used in a GPS-enabled cell phone for on-campus (and optionally off-line) navigation using a geo-pdf app such as Avenza Maps:
- Download & install the Avenza Maps app
- Download a Static map (from the above list)
- Open the .pdf file, from your phone or tablet, using the Avenza Maps app
URL Parameters can be used with the WWU Campus Map to control the location of the map when it opens as well as the layers that are visible.
For zooming to a specific building, parking lot or key feature the URL parameter is #find=
This will zoom the map to the AH building (Arntzen Hall). Other examples include:
- https:/www.wwu.edu/map/#find=9G (for Parking Lot 9-G)
- https:/www.wwu.edu/map/#find=Red (for Red Square)
For turning specific data layers on, the URL parameter is #layers=
- https://www.wwu.edu/map/#layers=computer (to turn on the computer labs layer).
Multiple layers can be turned on at once by using a / between parameters:
The location and layer parameters can be used in conjunction with the &
Below is the list of map layers that are available:
- Family (lactation and changing rooms)
- GNRR (Gender Neutral Restrooms)
- Parking (visitor)
- Visitor (parking)
- Evening (parking)
- Permit (parking)
- Summer (parking)
- Snow (priority snow removal routes)
- AirPhoto (for the basemap)
The Campus Map includes a limited set of map-specific Voice Commands that can be used to navigate the map and the user interface.
|Zoom In||Zooms in the map|
|Zoom Out||Zooms out the map|
|Home||Zooms to the default extent|
|Layer Selector||Opens the layer selector to control layer visibility|
|Legend||Opens the legend|
|Toggle Basemap||Toggles between the topographic and the satellite basemaps|
|Search||Opens the search bar|
|Find My Location||Zooms to your current location|
|Points of Interest||Opens the points of interest bookmarks|
|Buildings||Opens the buildings bookmarks|
|Parking||Opens the parking bookmarks|