WWU Interactive Web Map
The WWU Campus Map includes a list of spatial data layers that can be turned on / off as desired (using the “Layer List” icon). These layers include:
- Accessibility (parking, routes, doors, etc. - building accessibility information is included in the building's pop-up, via the Building’s Info ‘button’)
- Art (Galleries, Sculptures and the Sculpture Tour)
- Bus (WTA bus routes and stops near WWU)
- Bicycles (Bike racks, Walk Zones, recommend bicycle routes thru campus, and City of Bellingham bicycle routes)
- Computer Labs (ATUS and ResTek)
- Family Amenities (Changing and Lactation rooms)
- Food (Retail and Residential)
- Gender Neutral Restrooms
- Parking (Visitor Parking, Evening / Weekend Parking, Permit Parking, Summer Permit Parking, and Misc (pay stations, motorcycle parking, loading zones, etc.)
- Safety (Emergency Phones, AED locations, Major Diaster Assembly Areas)
- Sustainable Features & Buildings
- Construction (current projects)
A Legend for each layer can be viewed from the Layer List or from the Legend icon.
In addition to the data layers, the WWU Campus Map includes spatial “Bookmarks” (zoom to a specific building, parking lot or key place on campus), a Search function (search by building, department, institute, etc.), and a Location icon (for mobile devices).
On mobile devices the Action Bar controls / tools are typically docked at the bottom of the screen.
WWU Static / Printable Maps (PDF* files)
- General Campus Map
- Residence Halls & Dining
- Gender NeutralRestrooms
- Art on Campus
- WWU's Sculpture Tour
- Bikes on Campus
- Priority Snow Removal Routes (11x17)
- Artistic 'Bird's-Eye View'
- WWU Air Photo (2013) (11x17)
- WWU Vegetation (11x17)
- Bellingham-WWU (32x44)
From Interstate 5, take Exit #252 (Samish Way and WWU). Turn west onto Samish Way and follow the signs for Bill McDonald Parkway and the University Campus.
The Static maps listed above are 'geo-PDF' files. As such they can be downloaded and used in a GPS-enabled cell phone for on-campus (and optionally off-line) navigation using a geo-pdf app such as Avenza Maps:
- Download & install the Avenza Maps app
- Download a Static map (from the above list)
- Open the .pdf file, from your phone or tablet, using the Avenza Maps app