Travel Services

Western's Travel Services department advises faculty and staff of Western Washington University how to travel within the confines of Federal, State and University guidelines.

Check With Your Department First

Each school or department may have travel requirements over and beyond those of the State or University. These may be additional forms for trip approvals, justifications, reports, or differences in what amounts will be reimbursed for meals, lodging, or airfare. Larger departments may have a single travel coordinator who will make all of your arrangements whereas smaller departments may expect the traveler to do all of it. Be sure you know before your trip, the role your department plays in both planning and reimbursing for travel.

Good Beginnings

What is TEM?

The Travel & Expense Management (TEM) module is the new online way to set up and report travel.

If you are not using TEM just yet contact Travel Services at x3341 or via email at Travel.Services@wwu.eduto get TEM set up.


Getting Started

Traveler & Delegate Training
Getting Approved - Mistakes to Avoid


Looking for Information on buying fuel or using the Fuel Card? Learn about the Fuel Card.


Visit our TEM website or the Links and Tools Page for user guides, training documentation, forms, and general information about TEM. You can also check to see if we've answered your question on the FAQ page.


Page Updated 01.08.2015