The Career Services Center offers a full range of services to assist alumni in developing the skills necessary to conduct a successful job search or career change. The Center can also help you identify and connect with employers, practice your interviewing skills and connect you to online resources. The following services and programs are available to help you in your job search efforts:
- Viking Career Link - Online Job Database and more!
- On Campus Interviews
- Career Fairs and Special Events
- Online Resources
- Mock Interviews
You've submitted your resume and are waiting to hear back..Will you be ready and rehearsed for the interview or do you plan to just wing it?! Don't blow it by practicing at the actual interview! Prepare in advance with a mock interview! Our trained peer advisors in the Career Center can help you prepare for the next step in the application process by conducting a mock interview with you. A DVD recording of the session is especially useful to assess both your responses and the visual or "non-verbal" impression you are making.
- Meet with a Counselor
If you register for services* with the Career Services Center (as an alum or a community member), the fee is:
-$35 for a four month block of time for Alums
-$40 per visit for Community Members
This allows you to make counseling appointments with a Career Counselor.
* Please note that services will be limited to 8 visits per 4 month period, to be determined by the Director based on available personnel. The Career Services Center can also deny services for alumni or community member if, after a determination by the Director on recommendation of staff, the provision of services would likely be futile, due to labor market circumstances, documented previous service attempt failures, or documented impolite or threatening treatment of staff by clients.
- College to Career Transition
- Resumes, Cover Letters & Portfolios
- Graduate School Advising
- Law School Advising
- Pre-Healthcare Advising