On campus interviewing is a great strategy for screening candidates or doing first-round interviews in a convenient location for students. It’s also a great way to maximize your time on campus if you are already traveling here for a career fair or other recruiting event. Career Services has access to several interview spaces on campus, all of which are available at no cost. Complimentary wifi access is also provided.
Career Services Center, Old Main Career Services has two dedicated interview spaces as well as 6 private offices that may be utilized. Dedicated spaces (pictured below) can comfortably accommodate 4-5 people, and are ADA compliant. Some additional highlights include:
- White-board for demonstrating technical expertise
- Computer/keyboard equipped with programs for video conferencing
- Office staff available to help check candidates in as they arrive for interviews
Located in close proximity to interview spaces are a small reception area, restrooms and an employer/staff kitchen area with access to water/tea/coffee.
Parks Hall There are 5 additional interview spaces available in Parks Hall. Three spaces are on the ground floor and (pictures below) can comfortably accommodate 2-3 people. Two spaces are on the third floor and can comfortably accommodate up to 6-7 people if needed in a small conference room setting. Advanced reservation of space(s) is required, and employers are encouraged to submit requests utilizing their account in Viking Career Link. Accomplish this in just a few steps!
- Log into your account in Viking Career Link
- On the right-side shortcut menu, click “New Interview Schedule Request”
- Choose your preferred date, location, # of rooms, and interview length
- Submit your request as a room reservation only, or a customized schedule known as “On Campus Recruiting” where an employer can accept and review applications electronically and then invite candidates to select an interview timeslot.
When in doubt, please don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com or (360)650-2944.
Useful Links: Directions, parking map and campus parking resources WWU campus map