Business Etiquette Dinner 2014:
Good Food and Good Manners
February 12, 2014
5:30* – 8:00 p.m.
Viking Union Multi-Purpose Room
*Doors open at 5:00
- Wondering why you have three spoons?
- Don’t know which water glass is yours?
- Want to attend a business function without the fear of launching a cherry tomato into the lap of a potential employer?
- Come to the Etiquette Dinner!
This educational, fun and delicious event will sharpen your networking skills and help give you the confidence to shine in social hour and formal dining situations. You’ll learn what to say (and what not to say!) during a business event, how to manage tricky food and beverage challenges in a professional setting, and the answer to that age-old, burning question: “Should I order dessert?”
But wait, there’s more! You will also get to meet and talk with representatives from organizations who love hiring Western students and grads.
You’ll begin the evening sharing hors d'oeuvres and handshakes with fellow students and employers, so remember to bring your winning smile and a solid handshake. After open networking time, you and your employer table sponsors will be served a gourmet, three-course dinner. During the meal, an experienced business professional will lead an interactive etiquette presentation with tips and advice to help you sail through your next networking event or professional dining experience with ease!
Food, fun and career mentoring… what more could you ask for?
Tickets are only $15 each. Sign up today at the Career Services Center in Old Main 280.
Questions? Call 650-3240 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Current Jobs and Internships
- Job Search
- Interview Process
- On-Campus Recruiting
- International Opportunities
- Career Fairs
- Reference Files
- Employment & Salary Information
- Students with Disabilities
- Diversity Resources
- Students Without Documents
- International Students
- Events Calendar
- Graduate School & Preprofessional Advising