Searching for a job can be a full-time job itself, one that requires a well-thought out plan and meticulous preparation. The most effective way to obtain a job is through Networking. Finding a job through job postings can be successful if you use certain strategies:
- First, meet with a Career Counselor to individualize your job search plan
- Use this handy checklist to stay on track with your plan
- Find out what recent WWU alumni recommend to students like you in Job Search Tips
- Scan through our Employment Survey to view the jobs received by students in your major following graduation. This can give valuable information on job titles and potential companies/organizations as you begin your search.
- Use the Career Center’s Viking CareerLink to view postings for new WWU grads and alumni
- On-line postings can be overwhelming! We have compiled a list of resources for general job searching and for specific areas of study and interest.
- College to Career Transition
- Resumes, Cover Letters & Portfolios
- Graduate School Advising
- Law School Advising
- Pre-Healthcare Advising