Spring Career Fair 2014
April 24, 2014
11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Viking Union Multi-Purpose Room
Why you should come!
Whether it is your first quarter at Western or your last, a career fair is an invaluable opportunity to work on networking skills, learn about employers and gather information about internships and jobs. Why go?
- To make a good (or GREAT!) first impression in person
- To get the name and information of a real human at an organization you may want to intern at or work for
- To learn more about employers than you can online
- To learn how real world jobs and internships are not organized by major and explore what students with your degree can do in various organizations
- To be considered for internships or jobs that they may currently have posted (do your research!)
- To practice your networking skills in person with people who interview and make hiring decisions
If there is even one organization or industry you are interested in, you have a reason to go!
Preparing for a Career Fair
Career Fair Preparation Events:
Stay tuned for pre-event workshops and resume clinics to help you prepare to make the most of your time at the fair! In the meantime, consult the resources below and get a head start.
Career Fair Preparation Resources
- How to Make Effective Use of a Career Fair
- Blog Post-Making the Most of Career Fairs
- What to Wear
- Keys to Success
Job and Internship Listings:
On Campus Interviews
The following employers will be conducting on-campus interviews after the fair: Northwestern Mutual, Pacific Capital Resource Group, Inc., Roadside Multimedia, Target.
AXA Advisors, LLC
Camp Fire Samish Council
CampusPoint: Recruiter of Students & Recent College Grads
Carlisle Interconnect Technologies
Compass 2 Campus
The Comphy Company
Consolidated Supply Co.
Edward Jones Investments Everett Police Department
Far Bank Enterprises
Farmers Insurance Group
Gordon Trucking Inc.
Icicle Seafoods, Inc.
Keller Williams Western Realty
Lindquist LLP - Seattle office
Logos Bible Software
Maxim Staffing Solutions
McLendon Hardware, Inc.
Medical Consultants Network
Mutual of Omaha
Olympia Police Department
Pacific Capital Resource Group, Inc.
Panda Restaurant Group, Inc.
Portland State University
Rite Aid Pharmacy
Roadside Multimedia and Marketing
Seattle City Light
Seattle Pacific University
Sicklesteel Cranes, Inc.
The Dow Hotel Company
The Hacker Group
The Hertz Corporation
The Sherwin Williams Company
Toys "R" Us
Transportation Security Administration (TSA)
U.S. Army Recruiting
United States Marine Corps (USMC)
Vaupell Northwest Molding & Tooling
Vision Plastics, Inc.
Washington State Auditor's Office
Washington State Department of Financial Institutions
Washington State Department of Revenue
Wells Fargo Bank N.A.
Western Washington University Alumni Association
Western Washington University MBA
Whatcom Community College
Whatcom County Council on Aging
Wyndham Vacation Ownership
- Current Jobs and Internships
- Job Search
- Interview Process
- On-Campus Interviews
- International Opportunities
- Career Fairs
- Reference Files
- Employment & Salary Information
- Students with Disabilities
- Diversity Resources
- Students Without Documents
- International Students
Graduate School & Preprofessional Advising