Spring Career Fair 2014
April 24, 2014
11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Viking Union Multi-Purpose Room
Why you should come!
Whether it is your first quarter at Western or your last, a career fair is an invaluable opportunity to work on networking skills, learn about employers and gather information about internships and jobs. Why go?
- To make a good (or GREAT!) first impression in person
- To get the name and information of a real human at an organization you may want to intern at or work for
- To learn more about employers than you can online
- To learn how real world jobs and internships are not organized by major and explore what students with your degree can do in various organizations
- To be considered for internships or jobs that they may currently have posted (do your research!)
- To practice your networking skills in person with people who interview and make hiring decisions
If there is even one organization or industry you are interested in, you have a reason to go!
Preparing for a Career Fair
Career Fair Preparation Events:
Stay tuned for pre-event workshops and resume clinics to help you prepare to make the most of your time at the fair! In the meantime, consult the resources below and get a head start.
Career Fair Preparation Resources
- How to Make Effective Use of a Career Fair
- Blog Post-Making the Most of Career Fairs
- What to Wear
- Keys to Success
Job and Internship Listings:
On Campus Interviews
The following employers will be conducting on-campus interviews after the fair: Target, Northwestern Mutual.
AXA Advisors, LLC
CampusPoint: Recruiter of Students & Recent College Grads
Compass 2 Campus
Edward Jones Investments Everett Police Department
Gordon Trucking Inc.
McLendon Hardware, Inc.
Medical Consultants Network
Mutual of Omaha
Pacific Capital Resource Group, Inc.
Seattle City Light
Seattle Pacific University
The Hacker Group
Toys "R" Us
United States Marine Corps (USMC)
Wells Fargo Bank N.A.
Western Washington University MBA
Whatcom Community College
- Current Jobs and Internships
- Job Search
- Interview Process
- On-Campus Recruiting
- International Opportunities
- Career Fairs
- Reference Files
- Employment & Salary Information
- Students with Disabilities
- Diversity Resources
- Students Without Documents
- International Students
- Events Calendar
- Graduate School & Preprofessional Advising