Spring Career Fair 2014
April 24, 2014
11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Viking Union Multi-Purpose Room
Why you should come!
Whether it is your first quarter at Western or your last, a career fair is an invaluable opportunity to work on networking skills, learn about employers and gather information about internships and jobs. Why go?
- To make a good (or GREAT!) first impression in person
- To get the name and information of a real human at an organization you may want to intern at or work for
- To learn more about employers than you can online
- To learn how real world jobs and internships are not organized by major and explore what students with your degree can do in various organizations
- To be considered for internships or jobs that they may currently have posted (do your research!)
- To practice your networking skills in person with people who interview and make hiring decisions
If there is even one organization or industry you are interested in, you have a reason to go!
Job and Internship Listings:
Please click HERE to access Viking CareerLink, where you can search job postings, set up email alerts, and research employers who have partnered with Western.
Preparing for a Career Fair
Career Fair Preparation Events:
Stay tuned for pre-event workshops and resume clinics to help you prepare to make the most of your time at the fair! In the meantime, consult the resources below and get a head start.
Career Fair Preparation Resources
- How to Make Effective Use of a Career Fair
- Blog Post-Making the Most of Career Fairs
- What to Wear
- Keys to Success
Coming soon! Look for companies as they register starting in December
- Current Jobs and Internships
- Job Search
- Interview Process
- On-Campus Recruiting
- International Opportunities
- Career Fairs
- Placement Files
- Employment & Salary Information
Graduate School & Preprofessional Advising
- Students with Disabilities
- Diversity Resources
- Students Without Documents
- International Students