Spring 2015 Newsletter
Resource Materials from the EO Office
The following materials offer helpful information for individuals and departments across campus.
- A map of gender neutral restrooms on Western’s campus.
- Equity and Inclusion in Hiring: Best Practices for Faculty and Professional Staff Searches walks hiring authorities and search committees through the search process, offering promising practices to ensure that Western’s searches are fair and equitable and create the best possible opportunity to attract diverse applicants.
- A webpage regarding Title IX, Sexual Harassment and Sexual Assault, as well as posters, flyers and wallet cards inform students and employees of their Title IX rights, resources and reporting options. In September, Western’s policy on Preventing and Responding to Sex Discrimination, Including Sexual Misconduct was revised to explicitly prohibit gender-based harassment, sexual violence such as sexual assault, domestic violence, dating violence and stalking, and other sexual misconduct. The revised policy outlines confidential and non-confidential resources and reporting options for students, faculty and staff affected by sexual violence and other sexual misconduct.
- Environmental Health and Safety, disAbility Resources for Students, the Equal Opportunity Office, Human Resources, and University Residences have issued revised Emergency Evacuation Guidelines for People with Disabilities. Guidelines for assisting persons with disabilities in an emergency are included.
- Western’s Diversity Handbook highlights over 350 impressive programs, initiatives, courses and activities that reflect Western’s commitment to being a diverse and inclusive campus. The Handbook contains helpful indices listing entries by title, course number, sponsoring college or unit, and contact person.
- Guidelines for Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Statements in University Publications provide campus offices and departments that create brochures, newsletters, magazines, event posters and other publications with guidance to comply with federal laws requiring notices of non-discrimination in publications made available to students, applicants, employees, program participants and the public.