Join members of the Physics & Astronomy Department as we enjoy the night sky. We take out one or more of the department telescopes Wednesday evenings if class is in session and if the weather is clear. Everyone is welcome to stop by and take a look!
We set up at the oval grass area near the Communication Facility (CF, see campus maps for more information).
The time we set up depends on the season:
- September Wednesdays at 8:00 PM
- October Wednesdays at 8:00 PM
- November Wednesdays at 7:00 PM
- December Wednesdays at 7:00 PM
- January Wednesdays at 7:00 PM
- February Wednesdays at 7:00 PM
- March Wednesdays at 8:00 PM
- April Wednesdays at 9:00 PM
- May Wednesdays at 9:00 PM
- June Wednesdays at 9:00 PM
We stay set up for at least an hour, sometimes longer.
Keep in mind that we only set up the telescopes during weeks that class is in session (see the academic calendar for more information), and only if the sky is clear! If you can't see stars, then neither can we.
If you would like to bring a large group or have other special needs, please notify Kristen Larson at least two days in advance for accommodation.