Key Collaborative Directions from Academic Affairs 2010-11
Equipment Replacement Strategy—a long term multi-year plan: Arlan Norman and Dan Guyette
Back to list
- Inventory the Academic Affairs non-IT equipment and instrumentation (EI) assets.
- Devise a sustainable-over-time system for tracking EI assets.
- Determine a replacement schedule for equipment and instruments.
- Establish an annual and biennial cost structure for the replacement schedule.
- Propose specific budget-related and development program responses for replacements.
- Current Activities:
- Establish a faculty/staff EI replacement task force.
- Pursue resources needed to support equipment and instrumentation (technology) audit.
- Examine EI needs in context of the current or expanded course fee structure.
- Integrate selected EI needs into campus short- and long-term development planning schemes.
- Exploit state and federal agency EI funding opportunities.
Western Washington University