Key Collaborative Directions from Academic Affairs 2010-11
Global Awareness and Action: Roger Gilman and Brent Carbajal
Back to the list
- Goals for Global Awareness and Action Initiative:
- Create an International Studies operational framework to serve the needs of students, faculty, staff, and the world.
- Enhance and support global curriculum in a thoughtful, coherent and thorough manner.
- Both on campus and abroad, provide innovative instructional opportunities associated with global competency.
- Make WWU a destination for and center of global awareness, cultural understanding, and international experience.
- Attract funding to support the initiative.
- Current Activities:
- Seeking input from Faculty Senate through discussion and amendment of the International Studies Whitepaper.
- Seeking input from the Academic colleges as well as the Library.
- Next Steps:
- Recommend a structure through which Global Awareness and Action programs and services might best be administered. This could involve the creation of a “center” or “school,” but could also simply translate into a broad set of competencies and learning outcomes across campus.
- Increase the amount and availability of “study abroad” scholarships for students.
- Provide guidance and assistance to faculty, staff, and students interested in participating in the beginning stages of development of the initiative.
Western Washington University