Key Collaborative Directions from Academic Affairs 2010-11
Clean Energy (renewable energy, solar collectors, green transportation): Brad Smith and Arlie Norman
Back to list
- Goals for renewable energy initiative:
- Make WWU an energy innovation institute through a regional, focused academic program in the science, policy, and technology of renewable energy.
- Harness the private sector in this academic program by taking advantage of local expertise through the uncommonly high density of renewable energy businesses in Whatcom and Skagit counties.
- Attract the best and brightest students from the state and nation to become the entrepreneurs and leaders of the emerging renewable energy marketplace.
- Talking points on renewable energy academic program
- Current Activities:
- Establish awareness of this developing program at the state level from the top down through communication by the President and Provost.
- Develop curricula from the bottom up via a faculty task force involving active, engaged professors in chemistry, environmental science, and economics.
- Begin fund raising via philanthropic and public sources through a developer dedicated to this project by the Western Foundation.
Western Washington University