Scientific Collecting

Collecting permits are required to collect marine organisms for scientific research in the state of Washington. For more information about scientific collecting at SPMC contact Gene McKeen.

Scientific collecting permits are available through the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife. Researchers are advised to plan ahead for collections as the permits can take several months to obtain.

Page Updated 11.26.2012