2017 REU - Student Research Project Titles
- Patria Aponte (University of Puerto Rico, Rio Piedras) Effect of climate change on Dendraster excentricus larvae feeding behavior and energy storage?
- Mia Melamed (Kapi'olani Community College) The fork to food of a littorinid: Do Littorina sitkana smell odors released by macroalgae to find food?
- Everitt Merritt (Western Washington University) The influence of sedimentary biogeochemistry on oxygen consumption and nutrient cycling in Bellingham Bay, Washington
- Glauco Rivera (University of Puerto Rico, Mayagüez) Genetic variation in dinoflagellate endosymbionts of the reef coral Porites astreoides on the Belize Barrier Reef
- Kassey Trahanas (Olivet Nazarene University) The impact of ocean acidification on asymbiotic Anthopleura elegantissima
- Kathryn Williams (Western Washington University) The effect of light and methyl jasmonate on the physiology of Fucas distichus
- Aiyi Wu (Binghamton University) Tidal rhythmic spawning of Ostrea lurida in Fidalgo Bay
- Phia Yang (University of Wisconsin – Madison) Behavioral effects of ocean acidification on Dendraster excentricus and Ostrea lurida
Western Washington University