2016 REU - Student Research Project Titles
- Mandy Chan (Emory University). Do chemical signals induce changes in the radular teeth of Lacuna vincta?
- Kim Diep (Western Washington University). Sensitivity of the anemone Anthopleura elegantissima and its green symbiont Elliptochloris marina to temperature and CO2
- Jefferson Emm (Northwest Indian College). Delineating false readings of eelgrass location in UAV imagery due to tidal influence
- Sanoosh Gamblewood (Western Washington University). Symbiont diversity and its role in the contentious taxonomy of host corals
- Clay Mazur (University of Minnesota, Twin Cities). Investigating the swimming and predatory behaviors of a tintinnid ciliate, Schmidingerella sp., in response to high intensity sunlight (HIS)
- Ticha Padgett-Stewart (Montana State University). Identifying and describing larval diversity of marine invertebrates within the Salish Sea
- Wesley Payette (Houghton College). Effects of ocean acidification on feeding behavior and respiration in the copepod Calanus pacificus
- Stephanie Thurner (Albion College). How does variation in life history strategies effect long term population trajectories of eelgrass?
Western Washington University