The Office of Sustainability is dedicated to helping WWU achieve its strategic goal of sustainability in a number of ways:
Prioritizing sustainability goals and working to achieve these goals by tailoring sustainability initiatives to meet campus needs.
Further integrating sustainability into WWU's culture, academics and student life by encouraging faculty, staff, and students to understand the environmental, social, economic and human health consequences of their actions.
Advancing knowledge of sustainability by facilitating faculty staff and students to research potentially any aspect of campus sustainability.
The Office of Sustainability partners with units and organizations on and off campus to further sustainability on campus and in the community. Those partners include:
The Office of the President • Facilities Management • Residence Life • Dining Services • Associated Students Board of Directors • Associated Students Environmental and Sustainability Programs • Facilities Design and Construction Administration • Huxley College • College of Business and Economics • Fairhaven College of Interdisciplinary Studies • Woodring College of Education • College of Sciences and Technology • Public Safety • Environmental Health and Safety • City of Bellingham • Port of Bellingham • Whatcom County • RE Sources for Sustainable Communities • Sanitary Service Company • Sustainable Connections • AASHE
- Seth Vidaña, Campus Sustainability Manager
- Alyssa Mac Donald, Green Energy Fee Grant Program Outreach Assistant
- Brianna Ayers, Zero Waste Assistant
- Carol Berry, Campus Conservation & Sustainable Transportation Program Manager
- Inanna Reistad, Office Assistant
- Jacob de Guzman, Zero Waste Coordinator
- Jenny Godwin, Sustainable Office Certification Program Assistant
- Kendra Krantz, Resident's Resource Awareness Program (ResRAP) Coordinator
- Kellen Erb, Resident's Resource Awareness Program (ResRAP) Intern
- Maddie Gavigan Martin, Resident's Resource Awareness Program (ResRAP) Assistant
- Maria Szaro, Research Assistant
- Regan Clover, Green Energy Fee Program Coordinator
- Sadie Normoyle, Green Energy Fee Education Coordinator
- Sam Geller, Green Resident Certification Assistant
- Shayne Smith, Webmaster & Media Manager
Phone: (360) 650-2491
Viking Commons, Room 25
Hours of Operation: M - F 8am-5pm
To Get to the Office of Sustainability:
- Start in front of the doors to the Viking Commons dining hall (not in front of the Viking Union entrance).
- Begin walking down the hill on the sidewalk.
- At the end of the Viking Commons building take a left down the ramp.
- At the end of the ramp, there will be two double doors to your left.
- VC 25 (The Office of Sustainability) is the first door on the right inside the double doors.
Vol 1.3: March 2012
Vol 1.2: February 2012
Vol 1.1: November 2011
Enter your email address to subscribe to the
Western Sustainability Newsletter: