Viking Supported Agriculture (VSA)
Viking Supported Agriculture is back! Sign up now!
The VSA is Western's Community Supported Agriculture program, bringing students, staff, and faculty in contact with Whatcom/Skagit County produce and producers. By signing up, you will receive a box of local, fresh, organic fruits and veggies every Thursday from 10am - 5pm beginning June 19th through the next 20 weeks. Boxes will be dropped off outside of Carver Gym.
The VSA program is a program of the Office of Sustainability and was initiated through a Whatcom Community Foundation grant to help our community support sustainable local agriculture and make nutritious food available to members of the Western community. The VSA program supports Growing Washington and Alm Hill Gardens, located in Everson 25 minutes northeast of Bellingham.
Growing Washington partners with many local Whatcom and Skagit County farms. By participating in the VSA program your investment supports over a dozen small farms!
"We're proud to deliver over 70 boxes each week to WWU's campus with our VSA (or Viking Supported Agriculture) program. One of our CSA's biggest drop sites, WWU is one of the largest University-based CSA drop points in the region! And we're certainly pleased to be helping to fuel all those eager minds." -- Growing Washington
Payment is done through Growing Washington's online ordering system
You can get a "Local Choice" or "Farmer's Choice" box. Both options have multiple size options. You sign up for 20 weeks. A fall-only sign up will be available for those who will not be in Bellingham over the summer.
Local Choice Box – You decide what you receive every week.
Farmer's Choice Box – The farmers choose what you receive every week.
What To Expect
- Go to www.farmigo.com/join/growingwashington
- Choose "BELLINGHAM - Western WA University, Carver Gymnasium - Students / Staff Only".
- Select your box. You can get a "Local Choice" or "Farmer's Choice" box. Local Choice boxes allow you to decide what you receive every week, the farmers choose what goes in the Farmer's Choice box. Both options have multiple sizes. You sign up for 20 weeks.
- Select any add-ons you desire (eggs, cheese, pasta, milk, coffee, etc.)
- You'll be able to figure out the rest.
Tools & Information
Have a question about our program? Want to make a special request for your box? Contact Gabby for these and any other questions or needs you have.
Gabrielle Santerre, Food Box Customer Service
firstname.lastname@example.org | (206)458-0264