Cyclists: See and Be Seen!
Visit our 'Safe Roads For All' webpage for resources, tips, images, videos and other information related to safe cycling during times of low light.
See and Be Seen! Light yourself and your path to have a safer ride.
- A white front light visible for 500 feet and a red rear reflector are required by law from dusk through dawn.
- Wear reflective clothing.
- Add extra lights to yourself and your bike.
- Ride predictably.
- Obey all traffic laws.
- Safe Roads For All - See and Be Seen information
- Winter Biking Tips
- Rules of Use for Campus Paths (Including Walk Zones, Shared Zones and Bike Paths)
- Bike laws
- Bike safety
- Community bike classes
- Register your bike with UPD
- How to put a bike on the front of a WTA bus
- Bike Lockers on campus (Contact Sustainable Transportation for more information)
- Showers and clothes lockers are available at the Rec Center. Faculty and Staff are elligible for a discounted reduced hours Rec Center membership for $30. Showers are available for no charge at the facility. Permanent lockers are available for a fee varying with locerk size. Temporary lockers are available at no charge. Click here for more information.
- Whatcom County Bike Map
- City of Bellingham Bike Map
Request an Improvement or Report a Problem
To suggest a bike improvement or report a problem on campus, contact us.
To request a bike improvement within Bellingham city limits, use the city's Bike and Pedestrian Improvement Request.