Cyclists: See and Be Seen!
Visit our 'Safe Roads For All' webpage for resources, tips, images, videos and other information related to safe cycling during times of low light.
See and Be Seen! Light yourself and your path to have a safer ride.
- A white front light visible for 500 feet and a red rear reflector are required by law from dusk through dawn.
- Wear reflective clothing.
- Add extra lights to yourself and your bike.
- Ride predictably.
- Obey all traffic laws.
- FIXIT Stations
- Safe Roads For All
- Winter Biking Tips
- Bike laws
- Washington Administrative Code
- Bike safety
- Community bike classes
- Register your bike with Project 529. Registering your bike with Project 529 provides a record of the bike in a national data base that can be searched by police if your bike reported stolen or is found, and improves your chances of getting a lost or stolen bike back. It also provides you with a way to retrieve bike information at a later time if needed for insurance or other reasons.
- How to put a bike on the front of a WTA bus
- Rent a bike Locker
- Employee lockers and showers in Carver Gymn
- Employee lockers and showers in the Wade King Student Recreation Center. Faculty and Staff are eligible for a discounted reduced hours Rec Center membership. Permanent lockers are available for a fee varying with locker size.
- Whatcom County Bike Map
- City of Bellingham Bike Map
- Campus Bike Map
- Transportation Safety Net
Request an Improvement or Report a Problem
To suggest a bike improvement or report a problem on campus, contact us.
To request a bike improvement within Bellingham city limits, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.