Whatcom Transit Authority (WTA)
WTA provides frequent service to Western’s campus. For complete routes and schedules, or to use their trip planning tool, visit www.ridewta.com, or call 360-676-RIDE (7433).
WTA route schedules as posted on bus stops through campus:
NB = Northbound (towards Campus /Indian Street)
SB = Southbound (towards Fairhaven or Sehome Haggen)
- Birnam Wood NB SB
- Buchanan Towers NB SB
- Campus Services NB SB
- Haggard Hall NB
- Rec Center NB SB
- The Ridge NB SB
- Viking Union SB
Important Routes Serving WWU
- BLUE GO Line “100” series routes. These routes, combined, provide service every 15 minutes from Downtown along Indian St., through WWU and down Bill McDonald Parkway to Sehome Village.
- Route 105: Downtown, WWU, Sehome Village, 32nd St., Fairhaven. Service to Amtrak/Greyhound evenings Monday - Saturday, and all day Sunday.
- Route 107: Downtown, WWU, Sehome Village, Samish Way
- Route 108: Samish Way, Sehome Village, WWU, Downtown
- Route 190: Downtown, WWU, Sehome Village, Lincoln Creek and return
- Route 196: Evening service Downtown, WWU, Sehome Village, Lincoln Creek, and Lakeway
- Route 197: Evening service Lakeway, Lincoln Creek, Sehome Village, WWU, Downtown
- Route 14: Provides service every 30 minutes from Downtown to WWU, Happy Valley neighborhood and Fairhaven. It does not go down Bill McDonald Parkway to Sehome Village.
Routes that do not go Downtown, and operate only when classes are in session during the academic year:
- Route 90A: Travels between WWU and Lincoln Creek via Bill McDonald Parkway. It does not stop between 21st St. and Lincoln Creek when leaving campus.
- Route 90B: Travels between WWU and Lincoln Creek via Indian St. and the York neighborhood.
- 80X Shuttle: Connects WWU with Route 80X Bellingham/Mt. Vernon at Lincoln Creek Park & Ride. Stops at all WTA stops along route (except Birnam Wood when leaving campus).
Lincoln Creek Park and Ride:
- Lincoln Creek Park and Ride is FREE and open to the public from 6:30AM-11:30 PM. No permit is required.
- It is served by WTA Routes 90A/B, 190, 196/197, 80X/80X Shuttle (and the WWU Student Shuttle).
- The Park & Ride is located on Lincoln Street, just north of the I-5 on-ramp.