Zipcar at Western Washington University
wheels with no strings attached
Western Washington University has partnered with Zipcar to bring self-service, on-demand car sharing to the area. Learn more and get started at www.zipcar.com/universities
As a member you get:
- 24/7 access to Zipcars.
- Discounted hourly rates for faculty, staff and students age 18 and older.
- Gas, insurance and maintenance are included in the rental price.
- Join for only $15 a year.
- Membership is free for University departments. Apply with University OneCard. To apply click here.
To use Zipcars
- Join online as a university member using your "wwu.edu" email
- Reserve a car online or by phone,
- Use your Zipcard to enter the car, and drive away.
- When you’re done, return the car to the same location where you picked it up, and don't forget to use your Zipcard again, to lock the car, ending your rental time.
For full information visit zipcar.com/universities/how or look for information in the co-pilot book located in the zipcar glove box.
Zipcar Locations and Parking
There are two Zipcars on campus:
- 7G parking lot on High Street adjacent to Higginson Hall.
- 15R parking lot next to the Ridgeway Commons.
Parking a Zipcar in any campus location other than the designated Zipcar parking spaces requires the appropriate university parking permit.
For information on i.d. and/or documents needed for international students please refer to members.zipcar.com/apply/foreign-drivers.